These chewy, chocolatey, sweet and tart granola cups are full of good-for-you ingredients, but taste like they should be bad for you!
Raw Coconut Chocolate Granola CupsIngredients2 cups Lotus Organic Oats1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds1/2 cup Goldenberries1/2 cup Camu Cranberries1/2 cup Camino Dark Chocolate Chips3/4 cup Pumpkin Seed Butter1/2 cup Cocovie Coconut Spread1/4 cup Raw HoneyChocolate ToppingIngredients½ cup coconut oil (semi-soft or liquid)
½ cup cacao powder
¼ cup maple syrup
1. In a small food processor add oats and pumpkin seeds and pulse. Process until half of the mixture is broken down leaving some chunky bits.
2. In a medium bowl add oat and pumpkin seed mixture, followed by golden berries, cranberries, chocolate chips and mix together
3. In a separate bowl combine Cocovie Coconut Spread, pumpkin seed butter & raw honey (this takes some elbow grease!)
4. Add this mixture to the oatmeal mixture and combine
5. Press mixture into each mini muffin tin, leaving a small amount at the top for the chocolate topping
6. Place mini muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes to set
7. While that's setting mix together the chocolate topping (coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup) in a medium bowl
8. Carefully pour on top of granola cups and stick back in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
*Store in the freezer or fridge. Chocolate topping will melt if at room temperature or warmer.
Makes 24 mini cups
Oats: help protect against childhood asthma
Pumpkin Seeds: contain 9 grams of protein for 1/3 cup
Coconut Oil: has lauric acid (naturally found in breast milk)
Golden berries: contain linoleic and oleic acid, two essential fatty acids that aid in insulin sensitivity and fat oxidation
Camu Cranberries: Camu berries contain 60 times more Vitamin C (per serving) than an orange and cranberries are high in antioxidants with disease fighting powers!